Besides getting a booth, there are other great ways to participate. We are always looking for ways to make the fair better. We are looking to increase the performances and participation by local artists / art groups. If you have an idea even if it isn’t listed here, feel free to reach out to us. The best way is through our FaceBook Group or email Wes and Jess using the email address: *protected email*
Bands / Musicians
We have a 10×10 Performance Canopy. It is on the ground (not a stage) and has limited electricity (enough for a couple amps). We provide a PA and mics, but there is not a lot of room! *No room for a drum kit.
There is usually music playing during the fair, but we are hoping to add more live performances. Here is what we are looking for:
- Original music (no cover bands), preferable Jazz/Funk/Swing/World/Upbeat
- We like horns and upright bass and accordions, guitars and stuff.
- There are people of all ages and families, so it should be fun/chill/happy/interesting music.
- We prefer at least an hour slot (two sets of 25 minutes or whatever)
- We have a budget of $50 – $100 per act (and we provide food and beverages).
- You can sell CDs or whatever merchandise you want (we provide a tip bucket).
- If you would like to perform, please send us a link to a video of you performing!
Live Performance on the IAA Live Stage!
IAA is an Alameda based non-profit organization started in 1982, is sponsoring the live performance for this years fair. We need sponsors to help us bring great original live performers to this years fair. IAA (Island Alliance of The Arts) is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit.
Art Cars and Mobile Sculptures
We want you to bring your art cars! We have reserved parking spaces on Encinal and room for around 5 or 6 cars. We have a limited budget for cars but we can at least give you some gas money and feed you!
We are looking for interesting art cars that look great in the day (not just at night, because the fair is only during daylight hours).
Please send us a picture of your art on wheels along with any special requirements or considerations! You can sell stuff and take donations at the fair.